HEC Upgrades JCPSP to 'W' category
The Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC) has upgraded the Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan in 'W' category following inclusion of its name in the Annual Citation Report (JCR) 2009 issued by Thomson Reuters, formerly Institute for Scientific Information (ISI), Philadelphia, USA, which has assigned the journal an Impact Factor of 0.554.
The JCPSP is the premier monthly bio-medical research journal of the College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan published since 1991. JCPSP is playing an important role in the promotion of medical research in the country and helping the medical professionals, scientists and academicians a great deal. The journal publishes peer reviewed quality research papers, and is indexed by many International indexing agencies including Index Medicus, MEDLINE/PubMed, USA, EMBASE/ Excerpta Medica, Netherlands, EBSCO Publishing Inc, USA and Index Copernicus (Poland). The Journal is also assigned Impact Factor by Thomson Reuters/ISI. JCPSP is recognized by Pakistan Medical and Dental Council (PMDC) and Higher Education Commission of Pakistan (HEC). Following is the copy of the letter received from HEC:
JCPSP TO PUBLISH SPECIAL ISSUE ON MEDICAL EDUCATION
The Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (JCPSP) is the prestigious International biomedical monthly of Pakistan which is being published since 1991. The journal has been assigned Impact Factor by Thomson-Reuters / ISI, Philadelphia, USA, Abstracted and Indexed in Index Medicus, MEDLINE/PubMed (NLM) Bethesda, USA, EMBASE/Excerpta Medica (Netherlands) and EBSCO Publishing Inc. ---- the largest database company based in Massachusetts, USA. JCPSP is also the highest 'W' category-assigned journal by Higher Education Commission (HEC) of Pakistan.
The journal is planning to bring out/publish a Special Issue / Supplement on Medical Education in the month of August, 2011. We invite Medical Educationists, researchers, experts and writers to contribute their articles on Medical Education.
As articles in JCPSP are published after thorough scrutiny, necessary editorial processing, and peer review followed by revision by authors, a considerable time is required to make the articles publishable. We therefore need cooperation and expeditious response of all to make our endeavor a success. We hope authors will respond and send their manuscripts as soon as possible.
JCPSP SIGNS AGREEMENT WITH EBSCO
Following attainment of Impact Factor from Thomson-Reuter/ISI Philadelphia, USA in 2010, the Journal of College of Physicians and Surgeons Pakistan (JCPSP) was offered partnership by EBSCO publishing Inc, ---- a leading database company from Massachusetts, USA ----which partners thousand of publishers, libraries and publications worldwide. EBSCO offered licensing agreement with JCPSP. As per agreement, EBSCO would provide JCPSP domestic and international exposure at no cost and JCPSP receiving 20% royalties from EBSCO on its various products such as its full content, on-line subscription and web based advertising through sub-licensing with all copy rights intact with JCPSP.
JCPSP is currently indexed by Index Medicus, MEDLINE / PubMed, (USA), EMBASE/Excerpta Medica (Netherlands), Extra Med (London), Index Copernicus (Poland), CAB International (UK), MEDLIP; and PAK MediNet (Pakistan) etc.
The JCPSP-EBSCO agreement was signed by the President CPSP, Professor Zafar Ullah Chaudhry and the President, EBSCO Publishing Inc., USA, Mr. Tim Collins, on 29th September, 2010, which has been vigorously effected.
Following are the salient features of the agreement:
1. EBSCO is recognized as the leader in the data marketplace ---- the number one reference source supplying database to thousands of universities, biomedical institutions, libraries and schools in more than 70 countries of the world. Its partnering with JCPSP shall increase JCPSP's recognition, visibility, wider coverage in academic libraries and global exposure.
2. Supplement revenue for JCPSP from database royalties from EBSCO on a quarterly basis, from the net revenue collected from JCPSP products ---- subscription based services, pay-per view, advertising supports sites and annual license fee from sub-licensees.
3. Additional website traffic/live link of JCPSP-EBSCO websites for direct accessibility link for libraries researchers, institutions and potential subscribers and authors for submissions of their manuscripts.
4. The main goals of this agreement are to be read, cited and drive interest of JCPSP users.
5. The term of agreement is for 3 years which are subjected to successive one year renewals/ termination upon breach of obligation by either.